Thursday, December 4, 2008

Turkey Time










We had a really nice and relaxing Thanksgiving. My Aunt Kathy and Uncle Harry, Cousin's Suz, Chilton, Gunner, Rowdy, and Christine came over. They didn't come until 2:00 so it gave us plenty of time to prepare and even better I didn't have to make a turkey because my Aunt brought it. So I made green bean casserole (for the first time!) and it came out really good. I think we all, as Troy would say, put ourselves in a food coma! It was delicious. They stayed until about 6:00 and then headed home and we had a few minutes of rest and then Troy's sister and her husband came over. They were in Austin visiting his family and drove down to visit us. Troy hadn't seen his sister in three years and he'd never met his brother-in-law so it was great to see them.

The only bummer about Thanksgiving is that it's the day before black friday and that is Troy's busiest day of the year. Every year he has to be to work by 5:00 and works until 5:00 or 6:00 at night. I am a retail widow during the holidays. It is what it is I guess.

This was our first year back in San Antonio and actually spending it with family (instead of just the five of us) made it extra special. It is a little hard around the holidays, though , especially now that we are here because my heart aches a little more than usual that my Naney's not here with us. I miss her so much and would give anything to have her here with us. I guess that is what it is too.

So long for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can sense,your sadness in being a retail widow. Im condident you two have excellent phone coveragr

Anonymous said...

what does that mean